Monday, September 27, 2010

Afternoon Fall Walk


Today was a beautiful day so I decided we needed to take a walk after we finished our work. 
The kids grabbed a ziplock bag each and we headed out. Each child collected a whole bag of beautiful leaves. This is my favorite time of year. Fall. :o)
We are casually working on the seasons for Butterfly's grade one science requirement.  I am doing each season as they come and go, instead of just doing all the seasons together in one month. I think it will be more meaningful if they can physically see the differences between each season as they occur right before their eyes. 
When we got home we got busy right away on this craft, something I made up in my mind as we walked....easy peasy. :o)
The kids tore up pieces of brown cardstock to make the tree trunk and branches and then glued it to the blue background cardstock. They cut long strips of green cardstock and then made little cuts for the grass. 
Then they added their leaves. :o)



Butterfly's Creation

Puppy's Creation

Turtle's Creation
We also read one of my all time favorite fall books, we have had this book for a long time. I highly recommend it. It explains why the leaves fall off the tree. Very scientific, and the illustrations are very informative and pretty.

Thanks for stopping by,
Nicole

No comments:

Post a Comment