Friday, August 20, 2010

2nd post....:o)

So I guess this blog is turning out to be more of a diary than anything else.
I've spent the later morning to later afternoon working in the school room, hanging bulletin boards and white erase boards. Things are looking good. I wish I was a kid again...problem is James comes into the room and says "so can I go back to normal school?"
Which brings me to the question...why am I doing this?
I could be getting ready for a great year with just Matthew and I.....coffee dates and play dates galore. Freedom and peace and quiet all rolled into one.
So I ask myself again...why am I doing this?


1. I want my children to have the best education possible.
2. I want to be in control of the education of my children.
3. I want to have more influence over my children than the children they spend 8-9 hours a day with at school.
4. I want to create and maintain a good relationship with my children.
5. I want my children to be independent, unique children eager and capable of learning as much as possible.



Those are good reasons to homeschool aren't they?
They are my reasons after all.




No comments:

Post a Comment