Saturday, August 21, 2010

The Family's Response and Toy Room Side Pictures

So after I completely revamped the school room, I let my family see the final product. :oD
James, Rachel and Matthew had seen it already, they were with me while I hung all the bulletin boards, no need to relive that afternoon...there were a few cuss words.
But Molly hadn't seen it, nor daddy. Emily is sleeping over at nana's so she will have to wait.
Anyways, everyone is now really excited about the homeschool adventure we are now embarking on. Even daddy. He even requested that I slot him in once a month to teach a lesson, of course it will be his own lesson and I'm hoping it isn't an "evolutionary, question your faith" type lesson. I love my husband to pieces but please God answer my prayers and open Jason's heart to you-it would make my life a tad bit easier. :o)

Molly was very impressed with the Schoolroom....I could tell she kinda wished she was a younger kid again. I not only organized the school room side, but I also sorted through and organized the toy side-including the barbies. All the toys have a nice, happy comfortable home now.  Woody would be proud.

The school room shares it's space with the children's toys. This is the toy room side. Sorry about the poor quality pictures. I have no idea what's going on with my camera. I know the pictures are quite blurry-I'm going to see if I can fix that...also taking pictures in front of the window was tough so just bare with me. :o)




On the left side of the play room is the play kitchen and big "house" toys. The tall drawer cabinet to the right of the kitchen holds all the play food/dishes.
The doll house is perched on another drawer cabinet, it holds all of the play pieces that go with the doll house.  The kids can lift the house off and place it on the mat or on one of the tables to play with.
The tall bookshelf keeps dolls/doll clothes in one bin, a couple of lego bins, a bin for trains and tracks and a bin for littlest pet shop toys. Eventually I want to replace that book shelf with more white IKEA shelving and bins. LOVE those. :o)
The basket on the very top keeps all of our curriculum from last year-I need to sort thru it, I have books that I need to return to our school.



This is the bookshelf on the right side. This is where all of the little people stuff is neatly organized. The children can easily put all the pieces back when they are done playing with it. The kids haven't played with the little people stuff forever-the pieces were all over the house, I was completely ready to pack it all up and sell it. Now they play with it everyday. I'm also going to incorporate it into our grade one community social studies unit.




My shining glory.......The Barbie Cabinet!
I bought this cabinet when I was VERY pregnant with Matthew, four years ago. It's main purpose was to corral the Barbie stuff. I had a very tough time putting the thing together. It came in a giant box with a thousand small pieces and a 100 page instruction booklet! Even after two days of wrestling with it-it still wasn't right. The drawers and doors were always falling off and falling apart.
So needless to say-it wasn't serving it's purpose.
Until last week! I conquered it. :o) I used lots of carpenters glue and even dusted off my cabinet making clamps. Success.



All of the Barbie's, accessories and furniture have their own place now.
The kids and I even went through ALL the barbie stuff-located every shoe, hat, chair and handbag. We searched the whole house. And then I repaired all and any Barbie pieces that were broken and tossed any pieces beyond repair.
Success. :o)

On top of the cabinet I keep all of the children's games. Safe out of reach. You need special permission to play with games from now on.


So now James wants to learn in depth all the Canadian Provinces. Last May/June we did a unit study on Nova Scotia, the kids LOVED it. So I think I'm going to ditch the Alberta Social Studies Curriculum and focus on learning Canada, completely and thoroughly.

Thanks for stopping by,
Nicole

No comments:

Post a Comment