Friday, August 20, 2010

Some School Room Pictures





Welcome to our humble learning place, our school room. It's the bonus room above our garage.

This room used to be shared by my two oldest daughters, until last year when we moved Molly downstairs in the basement (very hard to do-but not regretted for a minute), and Emily in the room next store. The girl's bedroom was beach themed-hence the beach mural. I decided to keep it, it's actually quite cheery, especially during the winter months.
The dinning room table and chair set in the far back corner is for my eight year old son, James and myself, and for all four of us when we need to work together. 
The rectangle table front left is for my 4 year old son, Matthew and the round white table is for my six year old daughter, Rachel.


The shelves with white, green and pink bins corral all of our school supplies; paper, books, crayons, markers, coloring books, paint supplies-you get the idea. :o)
Almost all of the bins are labeled-the kids helped me label the bins. The odd ones that are not labeled-need to be. 

The tall cabinet and the short white cabinet house all of our homeschool manipulatives and resources. The long short cabinet with white and green bins keep the children's current school work-more on that later. By accident, I set up a "workbox" type system. Next post I'll show you exactly the system I came up with for us this year. I'm really excited about it. I've worked really hard the last four months to come up with system that would work for us. 



Anyways, that's a peek into our little homeschool. :o)

Thanks for stopping by,
Nicole

No comments:

Post a Comment